K in Sweden

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Caffeine moment anyone?

Caffeine moments are great. Not as good as Prozac moments but way better than most Kodak moments. Plus, they are usually good for a laugh at my own expense and that sort of laugh is the best Blog Fodder. But I might be digressing before I even start...

Anywho...I had a moment this morning. Caffeine not Prozac or Kodak. Sometime around 4am, I got my old creaky bones out of bed, threw on my purple leopard print robe/pink furry slipper combo and started to stumble my way from the bedroom to the kitchen for coffee. As I walked past the bathroom, I turned and saw myself in the mirror and said a mental, "How you doing, Sweetie?". Well, I saw the fuzzy image that I knew was me but could neither confirm nor deny until I had my glasses on. But without glasses on...Damn I look good in the AM. But I digress...

So I make it into the kitchen, make my morning coffee, put my specks on, walk into the living room and take my first sip while turning on the light. And then it happened. Almost as if the veil of sleep had been slowly and delicately lifted from my eyes and all at once I saw two things. The first, was a caterpillar that had somehow snuck it's way in between the two panes of glass and scooted itself to the inside of the blinds and, therefore, was more on the inside of the apartment than outside. Normally not scary but what the hell is he thinking being there at 4am on a Sunday morning! The second was a clear reflection of the Morning After view of the yesterday's hairdo. The "Crazy Curl" product which had so beautifully separated and emphasized every one of my lovely curls yesterday had somehow morphed into a Cruzy Clump of curls stuck to the left side of my head while the right side had maintained it's separated, bouncy loveliness. At that moment, I realized how Sweetie looked and I did not have the urge to mentally ask her how she was doing again.

Well, what is a girl to do when she is presented with these two things simultaneously after only 15 minutes awake...except...do a series of short blinks (my facial expression did not change but luckily I had my eyebrows done yesterday too - so I looked surprised without actually having to move a facial muscle), reach over and turn the light back off, grab my laptop with my non-coffee hand, shuffle back down the hallway (staring straight ahead while I passed the bathroom) and start my Sunday from the mirror free safety of my bedroom.

1 Comments:

  • At September 13, 2009 at 9:31 AM , Blogger karen said...

    HAHAHA! I'm reading your epistle FROM bad- with no mirrors around- and i am taking this as a warning sign from the Big Mirror Guy in the Sky- NOT to go by any of them-anytime soon!veryveryfunny,Missy!
    pass the Dippity-Do!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home