K in Sweden

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Du ser stak ut idag!

A few months ago, I bought a brand of ecofriendly tea that had encouraging sayings on the bag tabs. Things like, "Remember that the other person is you" and "Live in your strength". You know...cliche little things that feel encouraging at 4pm on a bad day and mocking at 4am on a tired day. You just know that some middle aged guy came up with this stuff while caught in a traffic jam. Still in all, I used one of the tabs that I loved on an encouraging Story Card that I keep in my camera case to give me good energy and keep me inspired.

Yesterday morning, while out with the camera, I got myself a Latte from PressbyrÄn (7-11 type store) and wrapped the napkin around it to keep from burning my hand. When I went to throw the cup away and wipe the rest of my lipgloss off with the napkin I noticed something printed on the napkin.

Du ser stark ut idag.
Translation: You look strong today.

I stared at the napkin for a second and thought, is my napkin mocking me? Encouraging me? Offering some sort of subliminal message for how I should like my coffee? What was up with the PressbyrÄn napkin encroaching on my Yogi Tea Tab's territory for daily wisdom? Is it just the one message or will my napkin have something else to say tomorrow?

In the end, I just crumpled it up and went on with my walk...but I did it with an oddly stronger step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home