K in Sweden

Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas kick-off in Gbg

Am I jumping the gun by posting a blog about Christmas lights two weeks before Thanksgiving? Well, yes. Yes, I am. But then, the guy who was hanging them up in the city this morning is getting paid to make people start thinking about Christmas and we would not want him to get into trouble. Or?

The funny thing is that usually Christmas lights before December 1st make me totally grinchy. They did earlier this year too. But today, I was in town and I looked up and saw the blue lights lining the street and a blue star hanging near Arkaden. Then, I turned and saw the giant tree lit up in Nordstan. And I felt at home with it. I am not sure if it is me getting used to the fact that the Swedes start hanging lights in September, if I now understand the need to cut the new darkness with festive, happy lights or if I am just feeling like this year the world (and my little world) needs Christmas to start on November 13th.

Hmmmm...A Christmas blog before my What I Am Thankful For blog has even been started. Going with the flow is kinda fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home